Hello, and thank you again for subscribing to my mailing list! I have exciting bits to share, in addition to some news that should perk your interest.
I published some helpful posts on writing. They’ve garnered a bunch of views, and should be worthwhile to check out:
- The Blank Page talks about starting a new manuscript and how to handle that dreaded first page.
- A summary of Brandon Sanderson’s 2020 Lectures, which covers several hours’ worth of material. I’ve compressed them into a single post highlighting the juiciest tidbits.
- A post on Query Letters and general business practices.
- Describing Sounds in Writing helps writers convey sounds to readers—still raking in dozens of views!
- My store is gaining traction with new merchandise, designed to inspire and motivate. Several of the designs will have quotes from characters in my upcoming novel, Blade of Dragons. You can check it out here. Thanks for your patronage!
- You can also check me out on Instagram and Twitter.
- My new beta reader has been very helpful during our beta swap. I’m hoping to strengthen the plot and characters further before I reach out to a professional editor and start the publishing business.
- Blade of Dragons got trimmed down a hefty amount. It went from 135,000 words to almost 125,000! That’s a lot of unnecessary fat. The prose reads tighter and many of those unnecessary scenes are gone.
- I’ve started on the alpha manuscript of book 2. The general outline is done, and I’m eager to get to it in my spare time.
- I’ve also returned to hand sketching to develop concepts of my characters. It’s been a blast, and I have friends giving me feedback.
That’s all for now. Stay tuned for next month’s newsletter with more to come!
I’m currently expanding my platform onto Mailchimp to develop a mailing community. Members will receive free poetry, special deals, and short stories.